For, Deepak and I had nothing to do at Hampi
This was basically about the FOSS.IN registration charges. Really, considering that they had corporate sponsors all the same.. 500Rs / head for students, and the Rs 600 otherwise was too atrocious a price to pay. Also, bear in mind that the event ran through week-days for the most part..and that their primary motive should 've been rather that they promote participation than charge unnecessary sums of money.
To the normal college goer, it's not just bunking that couple of classes (or days herein) that mattered here, for 500Rs is a fair sum of money by any standards. And they were probably better off charging that extra sum on owners of food-stalls than the attendees themselves. Paying for food is not something we'd bitch about either. But dishing out half a thousand bucks for a FOSS gathering is arguably not the best way to spend money.
I heard that the Postgres session was pretty good. I couldn 't get to go on Sat either, Although I really wanted to make it to Rasmus's talk. But I gave Hampi higher priority, and rightly so =)
Was feeling a little Jobless =)
So this is a port of Industrial
. Works properly with most browsers for the most part. I couldn't find a place for the search box and hence it's missing. I think the logo has issues as well. Will fix them later. This is pretty usable the way it is.
Download Link: http://www.bas.org.in/files/industrial.zip
- Trip to Om shanti dhama. Some ethnic vedic gurukula on the outskirts of B'lore, off kanakapura. The amazing waters of Kaveri too. The splash was the best thing about the whole exercise, undoubtedly. The skies weren't all that bad, The food was par excellence (I managed a healthy appetite. First in a long time). The ride to the place wasn't particularly great. The Masala dosas at Kanakpura beat it all.
- The craziness continues. No stopping us, eh?!
- Work, Lots of it. PG takes half my day off. The rest doesn't fare all that lightly either. The Cake app is a tougher cookie than I thought it was.
- Got a day for myself sometime. Set the Bangalore-blog thingy up. I don't see it making great progress, But a decent experiment all the same.
- Can't wait for the Hampi trip.
- Learning a lot of new stuff, Much in the J2EE, EJB scheme of things.
- Doing completely wack things on Jobless sundays.
- Pondering preposterous ideas on the career front.